Monday, January 28, 2013

Traveling back home!

So, the NAMM show is over. That went by fast. Some great things happened. I got some approvals on a few new Sonic Reality products that involve some partnership cooperation. Very efficient to have a face to face when it comes to being on the same page. Emails and phone calls are fine but it's not the same as the good old "analog" version. Haha. We got a lot done in the studio before and in part during NAMM weekend... even if some of us got slightly under the weather and overly tired. No one got the flu so it could have been worse (burning the candle at both ends). All in all it was a productive eventful trip!


Erik Norlander and I are putting together a really cool tribute to Bob Moog soon. I'll explain more about that in the coming weeks here. 

Now I'm traveling back to Miami to mix the Rush tribute album I'm doing with Sonic Elements (my Sonic Reality Progressive Rock project). The album features Neil Peart on drums via his "Neil Peart Drums" sample library with Sonic Reality. We used his live performed drum tracks I recorded with Nick Raskulinecz (Rush's producer) and then, just as an end user of his library could, we built up tracks around it. We did both covers and some originals as well all infused with his distinct sound and drum patterns. I'll get into all sorts of detail about that when we're closer to release. The album, made up of guest musicians, includes myself on keys, Billy Sherwood (Yes, Circa) on guitar and bass, John Wesley (Porcupine Tree) on guitar and vocals, Randy McStine (Lo-Fi Resistance) on guitar and vocals, Rik Emmett (Triumph) on guitar and vocals, Steve Hackett (Genesis) on guitar, Keith Emerson (ELP) on keys, Erik Norlander (Asia FJP) on keys, Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree) on bass, John Payne (Asia FJP) on bass and vocals, Fernando Perdomo (Dreaming in Stereo) on guitar, Francis Dunnery (It Bites) on guitar, Alastair Greene (Alan Parsons Live Project) on guitar, Mike Keneally ALSO on guitar and... wow, what a line up of incredible musicians all paying homage and loving respect to Rush, Neil and Sonic Reality sounds on this album. I'm exciting to get it all done!

Other than that I'm turning in a huge batch of sounds for SampleTank 3 which is getting closer to reality (in more ways than one). That's a virtual instrument software product from IK Multimedia, a company I work closely with and have provided most of the sounds for over the years. Time for some NEW sounds! 

That's all. Not really though. There's always more going on than I say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment