Monday, October 22, 2012

Today's the day to celebrate...




October 22nd, 2012

I have arrived in London. Because I'm picky about my keyboards I brought my Nord Wave with me in addition to my other luggage. I underestimated what it'd be like dragging around gear AND all your bags through the airport and the Underground. I could have taken a taxi but the price difference was literally 10 times the amount!!!! So I roughed it. On the upside I think I lost a few pounds. Good workout! It was a red eye and I had a weird little two seat fetus position sleeping thing that ALMOST counts. That plus a little nap at the hotel and I think I'm about as good as it's going to get for the first day. Maybe jet lagged a little.



Tonight I meet up with Francis Dunnery at Steve Hackett's CD release party for "Genesis Revisited 2". It's a private event and I'm sure industry people will be there, I know some fans won tickets to go as well and of course there will be a variety of musicians who played on the album. Simon Collins couldn't make it out here unfortunately. Also Steve Rothery told me he won't be able to make it either. But I imagine John Wetton, Steven Wilson, Mikael Akerfeldt, Gary O'Toole, Roger King, Nad Sylvan, Neil Morse, Nick Beggs and many others will be. I guess I'll find out soon enough! I will have to snap some pictures. I hear that Steve is also going to be performing some of the songs so I'm looking forward to that. I've never seen Steve Hackett play live and actually I've never met him officially in person. Just phone calls and emails all this time. So, I'm very much looking forward to this evening!

Later this week Francis and I will be performing some Genesis songs and more with Steve Hackett which is so exciting I can't wait! To complete the Genesis experience I am doing a session at "The Farm" tomorrow with Genesis' producer/engineer Nick Davis. Earlier in the day we are recording Dorie Jackson on vocals and Colin Edwin on bass. I haven't met either of them in person either even though I've worked with them both. Dorie has sung on a variety of "Sonic Elements" songs with Francis and Colin recently played on an album with me called "Chalk Lines" by "Lo-Fi Resistance" that is coming out this year. So I'm looking forward to that! Afterward we start sampling more drums in the stone room (nothing to do with being stoned btw). I'll post more about that later. I have to go out and buy some clothes and get some food! It's a little foggy and damp out. I also forgot my running shoes for the charity walk I'm doing later in the week. So... off to the market!

Check out the news on the IK Multimedia site


No comments:

Post a Comment